help tony lowe

Default find document saved to donloded file

i downloaded a document from my email. i modified it and saved it using the
save icon on the word tool bar. now i cannot find the document i modifiedand
saved. can you please help me.
CyberTaz

I'm afraid you have fallen victim to one of the deceptive aspects of the
environment. When you open an attachment, no file is actually being created
on your local drive. Therefore, the changes you thought you were saving got
saved to a 'virtual' copy which evaporated when you closed it.

Always Save As first to create a real file wherever you want to store it &
then make your changes to that.

HTH |:)

"help tony lowe" wrote:

i downloaded a document from my email. i modified it and saved it using the
save icon on the word tool bar. now i cannot find the document i modifiedand
saved. can you please help me.

Charles Kenyon

When you directly open an attachment (rather than saving to disk) it gets
opened as a temporary file. That file may still be somewhere on your hard
drive. Try searching in Windows with date restrictions and for a document
named *.doc.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"help tony lowe" help tony wrote in message
i downloaded a document from my email. i modified it and saved it using
the
save icon on the word tool bar. now i cannot find the document i
modifiedand
saved. can you please help me.

help tony lowe

Sir: Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this unfortunate,
and very expensive loss to me.
Sincerely,
Tony

"help tony lowe" wrote:

i downloaded a document from my email. i modified it and saved it using the
save icon on the word tool bar. now i cannot find the document i modifiedand
saved. can you please help me.

help tony lowe

Sir: Thank you for your with this unfortunate and $1500 dollar loss.
Unfortunately however the document is gone, but I really appreciate the
yours, and the assistance of others I have received regarding this matter.

Sincerely;
Tony