Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nathan Franklin Nathan Franklin is offline

Default mail merge image with includepicture and url

Hey guys,

I have a question about mailmerging a image from the internet with
includepicture. Is it possible?

I have this so far {INCLUDEPICTURE "{MERGEFEILD HiResImageURL}" }

The value of MERGEFEILD HiResImageURL is a valid image on the internet. Is
there something i am doing wrong?

Thanks very much

Nathan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I know the only way you will have a hope of doing this in a merge
in Word 2003 is
a. uncheck Outlook|Tools|Options|"Mail Format"|"Internet
Format"|"When an HTML message contains pictures..."
b. use
{ QUOTE { INCLUDEPICTURE "{MERGEFIELD HiResImageURL}" \d } }

(check your spelling of "MERGEFIELD" :-)

However, I had a similar conversation with someone else about this recently
and they were unable to make that work as far as I know. So worth trying,
but if that does not work, I do not know what, if anything, will.

Peter Jamieson