Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross Payne Ross Payne is offline

Default Document Behaving Strangely

I am working on a large document (500KB, no graphics) in Word 2003. When I
try to modify one particular style, Word crashes. It doesn't happen with any
other style in this document, or in any other document. I have a sinking
feeling that the document may be somehow corrupted. Any ideas? I would hate
to have to copy and paste the text into a new document and reformat
everything; there are probably 200 headings plus a lot of other styles.
Thanks.

--
Ross Payne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Usually, saving in RTF or HTML will remove minor corruptions, but the
article linked below will provide a more comprehensive guide. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/CorruptDoc.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Ross Payne" wrote in message
I am working on a large document (500KB, no graphics) in Word 2003. When I
try to modify one particular style, Word crashes. It doesn't happen with
any other style in this document, or in any other document. I have a
sinking feeling that the document may be somehow corrupted. Any ideas? I
would hate to have to copy and paste the text into a new document and
reformat everything; there are probably 200 headings plus a lot of other
styles. Thanks.

--
Ross Payne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Since it's been available, I prefer XML, sice it's both less likely to loose
features, and easier to read as a text file (to troubleshoot in case simply
saving in this format does not fix the problem).

Regards,
Klaus

"Ross Payne" wrote in message
I am working on a large document (500KB, no graphics) in Word 2003. When I
try to modify one particular style, Word crashes. It doesn't happen with
any other style in this document, or in any other document. I have a
sinking feeling that the document may be somehow corrupted. Any ideas? I
would hate to have to copy and paste the text into a new document and
reformat everything; there are probably 200 headings plus a lot of other
styles. Thanks.

--
Ross Payne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Klaus

A good tip and rather obvious now that you have mentioned it. Thanks.

Terry