Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Studebaker Studebaker is offline

Default Shortcut to Toggle Table of Contents field on and off

It would be nifty to make a TOC text, edit it, and change it back to a TOC
field again.

I noticed someone posted a shortcut to turn the TOC field to text...Select
the TOC field, and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.
1) Is there a shortcut to turn it back to a TOC field again?

While it was text, I noticed my TOC entries turned into blue-underlined
hyperlinks. When I tried to change them to normal text or clear formatting I
lost my tab leaders in my TOC.
1) When you have changed your TOC to text, can you remove the hyperlink
formatting from the entries while keeping your formatting...like your tab
leaders?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Studebaker Studebaker is offline

Hello,

Locking the TOC helps but I'm wondering if there is anything which can turn
the TOC from text back into a TOC field again--i.e., CTRL SHFT F9 makes it
text...what shortcut turns it back to TOC field?

Thank you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Instead of unlinking it (Ctrl+Shift+F9), you can lock it (Ctrl+F11). It can
then be unlocked with Ctrl+Shift+F11.

"Studebaker" wrote in message
It would be nifty to make a TOC text, edit it, and change it back to a TOC
field again.

I noticed someone posted a shortcut to turn the TOC field to text...Select
the TOC field, and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.
1) Is there a shortcut to turn it back to a TOC field again?

While it was text, I noticed my TOC entries turned into blue-underlined
hyperlinks. When I tried to change them to normal text or clear formatting

lost my tab leaders in my TOC.
1) When you have changed your TOC to text, can you remove the hyperlink
formatting from the entries while keeping your formatting...like your tab
leaders?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you lock it, then, as I indicated, you can unlock it. If you unlink it,
it becomes plain text. The only way to get a TOC field again is to reinsert
it from scratch.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Instead of unlinking it (Ctrl+Shift+F9), you can lock it (Ctrl+F11). It

can
then be unlocked with Ctrl+Shift+F11.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.