Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Default Word linked Excel Object Comment flags

I have a Word document and I have inserted an "linked Excel Object". My
source has hidden comments which show a red comment flag. These flags do not
show up in "print preview" when looking at the Excel source document, however
they do in the Word document (and the flags also print). The comments are
necessary in the source document, is there anyway to avoid printing the flags
in the Word Document that it is linked to?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If there is I'd sure like to see the code that would get it done - not that
I'd understand much of it :-)

When the workbook is inserted as an object - linked or not - a "picture" of
the topmost sheet is created in the Word document for display purposes. The
picture capture all displayed on the sheet including any markup.

As an alternative have you considered inserting the object as something
other than Excel Worksheet? If you copy the sheet content in Excel then use
paste Special\ Formatted Text to create a formatted Word Table based on &
linked to the worksheet - but with no red comment flags.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/28/09 3:14 PM, in article