Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Irena Irena is offline

Default Golden ratio in Word?

Hello all,

I have found nothing in the Web about Golden ratio in Word... Is it
something that is very easy (I can image, that this function can be imitated
by tricky printing) or is it by default impossible? 
I would like to have the different layout for the right and left pages, so,
that by reading the document, the golden ratio is applied (left page: from
left 3 cm, from right 2 cm, and right page: from left 2 cm and from left -
3). I see, in almost all TeX packages, this is a standard function... I hope
it is also possible in Word!
Please, help,
Thank you,
Irena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Irena,

I can't imagine what the choice of a (1cm) gutter margin with 2cm page margins or mirrored 2cm & 3cm margins has to do with the
Golden Ratio. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

If it applies at all, surely it would depend on the page size - or maybe to the relative margins sizes (in which case you'd need a
1.24cm gutter margin with 2cm page margins or mirrored 2cm & 3.24cm margins, or something else in those proportions).

Be that as it may, you can set up the page layout in Word as indicated above.

--
Cheers
macropod