Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter D Peter D is offline

Default How do I change word spacing (two characters) to (one character)?

I have a word document which has word spacing (two characters), How do I
change the word spacing to (one character) automatically preferably? Since
the document is 70 plus pages doing it by using the "spell and grammar check"
is going to take hours. I'm using word 2002.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Look under Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar, Settings button, Spaces
required between sentences: change to 1. This will now indicate any sentence
spacings that are more than 1 as a grammar error.
To change the existing double spacing you can easily use the Replace
function to change double spacings to one spacing.
I don't have 2002 but I understand it is very similar to 2003.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Peter D" wrote:

I have a word document which has word spacing (two characters), How do I
change the word spacing to (one character) automatically preferably? Since
the document is 70 plus pages doing it by using the "spell and grammar check"
is going to take hours. I'm using word 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Find/Replace (Ctrl-H), type two spaces in the upper (Find what?)
box -- you won't see anything except the cursor moving over -- and
type one space in the lower (Replace with) box. Click "Replace All."
Word will tell you how many changes it made. Click "Replace All" again
(in case there were any sequences of three or more spaces), and repeat
until Word reports 0 changes.

On Feb 4, 8:24*am, Peter D Peter
wrote:
I have a word document which has word spacing (two characters), How do I
change the word spacing to (one character) automatically preferably? Since
the document is 70 plus pages doing it by using the "spell and grammar check"
is going to take hours. I'm using word 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:
I have a word document which has word spacing (two characters), How do I
change the word spacing to (one character) automatically preferably? Since
the document is 70 plus pages doing it by using the "spell and grammar check"
is going to take hours. I'm using word 2002.

Word 2007 character spacing with Em dash cayce Page Layout 0 November 2nd 09 11:06 PM
character spacing is messed up in Excel objects inserted in Word michalaw Tables 3 October 27th 09 02:42 PM
Character Spacing Jnet Page Layout 3 September 10th 08 07:21 AM
How do I change Word 2007 from double spacing to single spacing? EllenD Microsoft Word Help 4 February 6th 08 05:15 AM
can not remove 26 pt character spacing in word table cell Arne Tables 4 January 5th 06 09:37 AM