Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bert[_3_] Bert[_3_] is offline

Default Change SQL or Sort?

I have a mailmerge document in Word 2003. The datasource for it is an excel
spreadsheet. When I open the document, it displays an SQL query in a
message box. Right now, the mailmerge document only displays certain data.
(One of the spreadsheet columns is Block, and in the query there is a
statement, "WHERE 'Block' = 'C'", so only the rows with "C" in Block are
being inserted into the mailmerge doc.) Is there a way to access the SQL
query command and change that?
Alternatively, the data could simply be sorted by Block - which might
actually be better.
Thanks.
Bert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. Enable the mailmerge toolbar (View-Toolbars)
2. Click the 3rd icon (mail merge recipients)
3. Either
a. select the drop-down arrow to the left of "block" in the column
header, and select All or
b. click the drop-down arrow to the left of any of the column headers,
click Advanced... and you should see any existing query filters/sort
options.

(If you want to save the change, save the document)

Alternatively, you can fix the SQL directly but only in VBA.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Sort from the right BK New Users 5 April 6th 07 12:30 PM
How do I change Default options in Sort Text window? Dearhouse Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 06 05:38 PM
Word 2000 Sort/alpha cannot sort in Finnish kirra Microsoft Word Help 1 June 6th 06 07:44 PM
Word datasource sort doesn't sort all records in mail merge Suzanne R Mailmerge 1 August 12th 05 08:43 PM
Table Sort - Sort only 3 of 4 columns KGlennC Microsoft Word Help 2 February 26th 05 04:20 PM