Dodger Jim

Default Answers

I have posted here before and I get great references via links from the
MVP's! At these links I have found other sites and reference sources in the
form of FAQ's. Is there a way to search for particular topics/words in these
types of reference sources? I don't mind looking up my own answers but like
most people, I don't have time to read through 50 or so questions to see if
there is one that refers to my problem? Thanks!

If you are asking whether you can search these newsgroups, then the answer
is yes. It's a bit easier if you access the NGs with an NNTP newsreader such
as Outlook Express, but I believe there is a search feature in the Microsoft
Communities portal as well. But the easiest way to search for anything
(including archived NG posts) is Google.

"Dodger Jim" wrote in message
I have posted here before and I get great references via links from the
MVP's! At these links I have found other sites and reference sources in

the
form of FAQ's. Is there a way to search for particular topics/words in

these
types of reference sources? I don't mind looking up my own answers but

like
most people, I don't have time to read through 50 or so questions to see

if
there is one that refers to my problem? Thanks!

Daiya Mitchell

See especially Advanced Groups Search, which just searches newsgroups

For instance, putting "microsoft.public.word.*" in the group field will
search only the MS word newsgroups for a phrase as detailed as you care to
make it.

I think the interface is more skimmable on google than the MS Communities.

The Word FAQ site does have a search function, but it tends to work better
if you know what you are looking for.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/