Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
zSplash

Default "too many data fields " error

When I run my mail merge for a single record, I get no errors. When I run
the mail merge with more than one record, I get a "Record contained too many
data fields" error.

Others' help with this question suggested "usually caused by a mismatch
between the number of fields listed in the header record of the data source
and the number of fields Word finds in the data records." I have tried to
compare these two, but evidently they're REALLY different, unless I'm
misinterprinting the following:
MsgBox ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Fields.Count = 60
MsgBox ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.DataFields.Cou nt = 277

My delimiter is "|", and I don't believe it's anywhere it shouldn't be. As
I've said, individual records work great, but multiple records give me this
error, and generate only one document.

Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem?

TIA