Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] jeegnapattni@hotmail.com is offline

Default Saving letters individualy after a mail merge (but letter has two pages)

Hi all,

I'm trying to use this macro that i found on Graham Mayor's brillient
website, but the problem is that each of my letters is two pages long.
Is there anyway for me to modify this code?

Sub SplitMergeLetter()
' splitter Macro modified to save individual letters with

' information from data source. The filename data must be added to

' the top of the merge letter - see web article.

Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
Letters = Selection.Information(wdActiveEndSectionNumber)
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Counter = 1
While Counter Letters
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Selection

.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
.EndKey Unit:=wdLine, Extend:=wdExtend
.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1, Extend:=wdExtend

End With
sName = Selection
Docname = "N:\My Documents\" & sName & ".doc"
ActiveDocument.Sections.First.Range.Cut
Documents.Add
With Selection
.Paste
.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
.MoveDown Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1, Extend:=wdExtend
End With
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=Docname, _
FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument
ActiveWindow.Close
Counter = Counter + 1
Application.ScreenUpdating = True