anglirich

Default Word 2003

How do I correct my formatting, to print the way it looks on my screen?

When I print out a paper, there are some lines way out of wack with the
margins I set. It looks fine on the screen, but when I Print Preview, it
looks as if I din't set my indent/m argin tabs up.

How do I correct this, as on the screen, it looks fine?

Stumped in NC

Shauna Kelly

Hi NC

Can you tell us what "way out of whack" means? What have you tried to do to
the document, what do you see, and what do you expect to see?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"anglirich" wrote in message
How do I correct my formatting, to print the way it looks on my screen?

When I print out a paper, there are some lines way out of wack with the
margins I set. It looks fine on the screen, but when I Print Preview, it
looks as if I din't set my indent/m argin tabs up.

How do I correct this, as on the screen, it looks fine?

Stumped in NC

anglirich

I have typed my paper, with the proper margins and indents. Now when I
"Print Preview" to see how it will print, some of my indents start 4" in
from the left, some 2" over to the right, and my new paragraphs indent 6"
over.

I tried to copy and paste into a new Word doc., but the same thing occurs,
even in Notepad.

How can I be sure that my "onscreen" paper which is formatted correctly,
will print out the same way on paper?

NC

"anglirich" wrote in message
How do I correct my formatting, to print the way it looks on my screen?

When I print out a paper, there are some lines way out of wack with the
margins I set. It looks fine on the screen, but when I Print Preview, it
looks as if I din't set my indent/m argin tabs up.

How do I correct this, as on the screen, it looks fine?

Stumped in NC

Anne Troy

Hi, NC. This could be a number of issues. If you'd like to upload your file
for us to take a look, you can do that at www.officearticles.com/forums. I
know we could get you a solution much more quickly if we can see it. The
only other thing I can think of is that you have a bad printer driver.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"anglirich" wrote in message
How do I correct my formatting, to print the way it looks on my screen?

When I print out a paper, there are some lines way out of wack with the
margins I set. It looks fine on the screen, but when I Print Preview,

it
looks as if I din't set my indent/m argin tabs up.

How do I correct this, as on the screen, it looks fine?

Stumped in NC

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Anglirich,

Are you working in Print Layout view in Word or
in 'Normal' view? Normal view isn't accurate for
doing page layout.

Also check to see that the margins on your page
are not outside of the boundaries of the printable
area of your particular printer selected in File=Print.

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx