Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TKM Admin

Default HOW DO I REDUCE THE BOTTOM MARGINS FOR LABELS?

The Bottom margins are too big and put my labels out of whack with the
printing so that gradually the typing is further and further outside the
lable margins.

How do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TKM Admin

There is a blank header and footer in normal.dot that was not added or
changed. I tried reducing the header and footer margins in 'page setup' and
re-printed the labels - but it still came out the same.

It looks as though Word thinks the page is smaller than it is - but I have
selected A4 (21 x 29.7)- so it doesnt't make sense.

Any other suggestions?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have a header or footer (even an empty paragraph) in Normal.dot? If
so, you'll need to set the header and footer margins for your labels to 0".

"TKM Admin" TKM wrote in message
The Bottom margins are too big and put my labels out of whack with the
printing so that gradually the typing is further and further outside the
lable margins.

How do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using New Document to generate a page of labels before printing? If
so, change the margin setting on that document. Changing them in Page Setup
generally will not help unless you make this the default (by clicking the
Default... button and answering yes), and that will affect *all* new
documents, which you don't want.

The problem in Word 2002 and above (at least) is that if you ever *touch*
the header or footer in Normal.dot, you are left with an empty paragraph
that cannot be removed. You can generate a fresh copy of Normal.dot, which
will solve the problem, but you will lose your other customizations, only
some of which can be retrieved (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have a header or footer (even an empty paragraph) in Normal.dot?

If
so, you'll need to set the header and footer margins for your labels to

0".

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"TKM Admin" TKM wrote in message
The Bottom margins are too big and put my labels out of whack with the
printing so that gradually the typing is further and further outside

the
lable margins.

How do I fix it?

Can't adjust top and bottom margins in new documents OCHIN Man Microsoft Word Help 1 April 27th 06 04:19 PM
Unable to create or adjust top and bottom margins Kiwi Harry Page Layout 2 January 4th 06 11:21 AM
Can't reduce Margins Mike New Users 3 December 21st 05 04:06 PM
No top or bottom margins Graham Mayor New Users 0 November 10th 05 10:14 AM
Can't change top and bottom margins Stephen Calder Page Layout 0 May 2nd 05 02:26 AM