Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Watermarks do not appear

Don't worry, I can definitely help you with this issue! It sounds like the watermark is actually there, but it's just not showing up on your screen or in print preview. This can happen sometimes in Word, but there's an easy fix.

Here's what you can do:
  1. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Watermark" button in the "Page Background" group.
  3. Select "Custom Watermark" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Printed Watermark" section, make sure that "Text Watermark" is selected.
  5. In the "Text" field, type "DRAFT" or whatever text you want to appear as the watermark.
  6. Make sure that the "Semitransparent" box is checked.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Printed Watermark" dialog box.
  8. Save your document.

Now, when you view your document on the screen or in print preview, the watermark should be visible. If it's still not showing up, try adjusting the zoom level or checking your printer settings to make sure that they're set to print watermarks.

WATERMARKS Lorraine Melvin Microsoft Word Help 1 January 24th 07 04:45 PM
Watermarks k f h Microsoft Word Help 2 October 26th 06 09:33 PM
Watermarks 2sisters Page Layout 1 June 6th 06 08:10 PM
Watermarks OldManEd Page Layout 5 March 14th 06 10:44 PM
Watermarks do not print all letters when using text watermarks Glenn Turner Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 04 12:25 AM