SteveH999

Default Text wrap round a picture inside a text box

I am creating a newsletter style document with Word 2002, which contains
blocks of text, illustrated with photos, on various different parts of the
page. I want to insert a picture and some text into a text box, then get
the text to wrap round the picture. I can get text to wrap round pictures
OUTSIDE a text box, but not within it (all the text wrapping options are
greyed out).

Can anyone help?

Thanks

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Text wrap round a picture inside a text box

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can wrap text around a picture inside a text box in Word 2002:
  1. Insert a text box by going to the "Insert" tab and selecting "Text Box" from the "Text" group. Choose the style of text box you want to use.
  2. Insert your picture by clicking inside the text box and going to the "Insert" tab. Select "Picture" from the "Illustrations" group. Choose the picture you want to use and click "Insert".
  3. Wrap text around the picture by selecting the picture and going to the "Format" tab. Select "Wrap Text" from the "Arrange" group. Choose the wrapping style you want to use, such as "Square" or "Tight".
  4. Adjust the size and position of the picture as needed by clicking and dragging the handles on the edges of the picture.
  5. Type your text into the text box, and it should automatically wrap around the picture.

If the text wrapping options are still greyed out, make sure that the picture is selected and that you are in the "Format" tab. If that doesn't work, try selecting the text box itself and going to the "Format" tab to see if the text wrapping options are available there.
__________________

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Steve,

You can use a floating single cell table with the
graphic in it and wrap the text in the table cell
around the graphic to achieve an effect similar to
what you want, or even one or more 1 cell tables
in a larger table cell with graphics within the inner tables.

It may not be the most stable of configurations but it
can work.

If you have MS Office Publisher you may find that an easier
tool to use for layout/positioning for a newsletter than
Word.

===

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

SteveH999

Thanks Bob - that works, but then I can't wrap text OUTSIDE the cell without
destroying the text wrap WITHIN the cell (eg the picture moves down within
the cell, leaving the text behind). If you have any more thoughts I'd be
grateful.

Best wishes,
Steve

"SteveH999" wrote in message ...
I am creating a newsletter style document with Word 2002, which contains
blocks of text, illustrated with photos, on various different parts of the
page. I want to insert a picture and some text into a text box, then get
the text to wrap round the picture. I can get text to wrap round pictures
OUTSIDE a text box, but not within it (all the text wrapping options are
greyed out).

Can anyone help?

Thanks

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

watermark picture won't print behind text... taratreetops Microsoft Word Help 1 March 7th 05 11:45 PM
How do I insert text over a picture without losing the picture? PMD Microsoft Word Help 1 February 4th 05 06:06 AM
How do you make text wrap in a paragraph? cat 345 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 05:22 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Table of Contents inside Text Box DaveN Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 11:58 AM