Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Where''s_my_7_hours_of_work_Word Where''s_my_7_hours_of_work_Word is offline

Default Header Size Mystery

I was trying to help someone out. It went wrong.

Using Word 2000, with odd/even page setup and a different section on each
page. On one of the pages the header was hanging halfway down the page.
This made editing the top part of the page impossible because the header was
in the way. So, I double clicked header, then grabbed the bar on the left
and adjusted it to the right height. The header now became the whole page.
Undo didn't work. I've made bad, worse.

I've checked the paragraph marker, and it's not numerous paragraphs. I've
checked the format paragraph and it's set to 0 spacing before and after.
I've checked the vertical alignment, it's set to top.

The header has a dashed lined box going all the way down to the footer.
Upgrading to a newer word is not in the budget, almost all of the other
computers have a newer version of Word, upgrading with our current budget
crisis is not an option...getting paid for the last pay period would me nice
one day! It's like that.

And of course it's a Very, very important document with the deadline
approaching fast!