JMB^3 JMB^3 is offline
Junior Member

Default Document Format: unexpected changes

Hello all

I have a question about Word documents and I was hoping someone on here would be able to help.

When I email a Word document (.doc & .docx) the format changes when it is opened on the receiving machine. The margins are all set different, the table cell sizes are different, and the graphics are out of place. What was made to be a one page document ends up being about a page and a half.

The document was created on a Vista machine using Word 2007. I tried opening the document on several computers running XP with Word 2003, and one with Open Office. The changes are basically the same every time.

Thanks in advance

Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

JMB^3 wrote:
Hello all

I have a question about Word documents and I was hoping someone on
here would be able to help.

When I email a Word document (.doc & .docx) the format changes when it
is opened on the receiving machine. The margins are all set different,
the table cell sizes are different, and the graphics are out of place.
What was made to be a one page document ends up being about a page and
a half.

The document was created on a Vista machine using Word 2007. I tried
opening the document on several computers running XP with Word 2003,
and one with Open Office. The changes are basically the same every
time.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Unexpected Window Jim H. Microsoft Word Help 1 November 17th 08 06:39 PM
Window Unexpected Jim H. New Users 1 November 17th 08 05:41 PM
unexpected action kingjt Microsoft Word Help 0 October 5th 06 01:17 AM
Unexpected changes in .dot files Alberto Pinto Microsoft Word Help 1 September 28th 06 03:48 AM
unexpected characters in text MTPosts Microsoft Word Help 2 June 9th 05 03:21 PM