Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shari Shari is offline

Default How do I centre a title at the top of a document?

I have one document that I have to centre the title. I cannot figure out how
to phrase this question any other way to get help. I also need to make a
sign-in sheet with 3 columns, name, email, and phone number. I would like
the sheet to have lines for the people to write down same. What do I click
on to create such a document? Is there anything I need to know before
getting started? ie. height of line? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MHL[_2_] MHL[_2_] is offline

Ctrl+E to center highlighted text.

For the sign-in sheet, you may be able to find an existing Template and just
modify it for your needs. I found one under templates called Time Sheets
that might work.
--
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

"Shari" wrote in message
I have one document that I have to centre the title. I cannot figure out
how
to phrase this question any other way to get help. I also need to make a
sign-in sheet with 3 columns, name, email, and phone number. I would like
the sheet to have lines for the people to write down same. What do I
click
on to create such a document? Is there anything I need to know before
getting started? ie. height of line? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To center the title, press Ctrl+E or click on the Center button on the
Formatting toolbar.

One way to get three columns is to create a three-column table with the
appropriate column headings and borders.

Another way is to set tab stops where you want the lines to begin and end.
You can either underline the tab characters (Ctrl+U) or add an underline
leader to the tab stop. For three separate lines, you will need five tab
stops and five tab characters.

For example, if you have 1" left and right margins, giving you 6.5" between
margins, you can:

1. Click on the ruler (to set a tab stop) at 3", 3.25", 4.25", 4.5", and
6.5".

2. Press Ctrl+* or click the Show/Hide ΒΆ button to display nonprinting
characters.

3. Tab five times on a line. The tab characters will be represented by
arrows.

4. Select the first arrow and press Ctrl+U. Repeat for the third and fifth
arrows. This will give you three 2" lines with 0.25" space between them.

5. Press Ctrl+0 (zero) to add 12 points Space Before; this will give you
adequate line spacing.

6. Press Enter to get a new line.

7. Select the line you typed (with the underlined tab characters) and press
Ctrl+C to copy.

8. Place the insertion point in the new empty paragraph below and press
Ctrl+V to paste.

9. Press F4 repeatedly to paste as many more lines as needed.

10. When you have almost filled the page, go back to the beginning of the
first line and press Enter to get a new empty paragraph above it.

11. If the Underline button is turned on, turn it off.

12. Type "Name." Press Tab twice, type "Email," press Tab twice again, and
type "Phone Number."

You're done!

http://word.mvps.org