Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alice Alice is offline

Default Using bullets in Word 2003

I just got a new laptop computer for my work and it has Word 2003. Now, I've
used Word for many, many years and always liked it but this version is
driving me crazy! It will not hold the hanging indent when I'm using
bullets. Can someone please tell me what changed with this version and why
it doesn't hold the formatting? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you applying the bullets with a style (such as List Bullet, which you
can apply with Ctrl+Shift+L)? See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

"Alice" wrote in message
news
I just got a new laptop computer for my work and it has Word 2003. Now,
I've
used Word for many, many years and always liked it but this version is
driving me crazy! It will not hold the hanging indent when I'm using
bullets. Can someone please tell me what changed with this version and
why
it doesn't hold the formatting? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alice Alice is offline

No, I've never had to do this before just to get bullets to work. I'll check
it out but seems like a lot of extra work that never needed to be done
before. Thanks for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you applying the bullets with a style (such as List Bullet, which you
can apply with Ctrl+Shift+L)? See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

"Alice" wrote in message
news
I just got a new laptop computer for my work and it has Word 2003. Now,
I've
used Word for many, many years and always liked it but this version is
driving me crazy! It will not hold the hanging indent when I'm using
bullets. Can someone please tell me what changed with this version and
why
it doesn't hold the formatting? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

I have had the same frustrations with Multilevel Bullets and Numbered Lists.
Shauna paper on "How to Control Bullets in Word" does not seem to apply for
Multilevel lists in MS 2007. See all my posts in Word 2007 General
Questions.
I would appreciate hearing form anyone who really knows how to create
various multilevel lists with various levels of indent do this in our
wonderful new 2007 version.
--
Dave Robinson

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you applying the bullets with a style (such as List Bullet, which you
can apply with Ctrl+Shift+L)? See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

"Alice" wrote in message
news
I just got a new laptop computer for my work and it has Word 2003. Now,
I've
used Word for many, many years and always liked it but this version is
driving me crazy! It will not hold the hanging indent when I'm using
bullets. Can someone please tell me what changed with this version and
why
it doesn't hold the formatting? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Please note that there is no "Word 2007 General Questions" newsgroup. All
the Word NGs are for all (Windows) versions.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you applying the bullets with a style (such as List Bullet, which
you
can apply with Ctrl+Shift+L)? See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

"Alice" wrote in message
news I just got a new laptop computer for my work and it has Word 2003.
Now,
I've
used Word for many, many years and always liked it but this version
is
driving me crazy! It will not hold the hanging indent when I'm using
bullets. Can someone please tell me what changed with this version
and
why
it doesn't hold the formatting? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

I stand corrected. See my post and response at "Best Search" in "Word". Do
you know a better way to get all the posts having to do with Word 2007 issues?
--
Dave Robinson