Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Diddakoi

Default Page breaks in document with multiple section breaks

I am working with Microsoft Word 2000 in Windows XP.

I have a document about 20 pages or so, new pages were created by
Insert/Section Break/Next Page (there was some reason I did this but I just
don't remember why). I need to number each page consecutively, beginning
with the number 1, except the first page. What I've been doing is begin on
the second page of the document, View, Headers & Footers, Switch Between
Headers & Footers, Insert (from menu), Page Numbers, Format, Page Numbering
to Start at 1. For the life of me I can't get this to number all the way
through consecutively. I've even gone into each footer and gotten the page
number in a frame and changed it manually, but it changes every other page
number before it to that number.

Can anyone help before I go nuts? Thanks!