Bearcub

Default Word puts Post Code alongside Town when using Outlook Contacts

Any one have this problem when using outlook contacts with the 'envelope/
label tool' in Word.
Instead of putting the Postcode at the end of the address it puts it
alongside the Townl
Graham Mayor

See Copy the following exactly and save as an autotext entry called
AddressLayout (all one word)

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

(note the curly brackets are not field boundaries, but are typed from the
keyboard)

Alternatively you could layout your addresses using this method using any of
the available fields from Outlook - which are listed at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Bearcub wrote:
Any one have this problem when using outlook contacts with the
'envelope/ label tool' in Word.
Instead of putting the Postcode at the end of the address it puts it
alongside the Townl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gavin Baker Gavin Baker is offline

I have exactly the same problem when using Word 2007. Please could you
explain how to carry out the steps given below using Word 2007 (we need step
by step, as we are new to this).

Many thanks in advance.

Gavin Baker

Bearcub wrote:
Any one have this problem when using outlook contacts with the
'envelope/ label tool' in Word.
Instead of putting the Postcode at the end of the address it puts it
alongside the Townl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The addresslayout autotext method does not seem to be effective with Word
2007 and I have not yet got to the bottom of the mechanism by which
envelopes are addressed from Outlook with this application. Sometimes
addresses are inserted as you might expect, other times not. The only
suggestion I can offer, which does work, is to create an envelope template
(or download one from my web site and modify it to the size you are using).
Then instead of using the envelope tool from the mailings tab, you create a
new document from the envelope template.

If you use one of my templates, open it in Word 2007, activate the macros
then save it as a macro enabled template in a trusted template location.

The macro code can be examined at http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

If I ever get my head around what is really heppening with the envelope
label tool, I will post it on my web site.