Scribe

Default Save As...*.txt files

Thank You Shauna,
However, that doesn't do it either. I was expirimenting and noticed
something. If I hit "Save As" and then go to "Tools" at the top, there is a
"Save Options..." button. On it, you can select your default format. There
it has all the different options that are normally on Word. However, if I
say that I want *.txt to be my default, it won't let me save as a *.doc file.
What to do?

-Scribe

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi

The list is longer than that which pops up at first click. Use the slider
bar to see the other options.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Scribe" wrote in message
Mine only lets me save as the following: doc, sml, mht, mhtml, hmt, html,
dot.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Scribe

File Save As. In the Files of Type box or Save as Type box (depending
on
your version of Word) choose "Plain Text (*.txt)".

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Scribe" wrote in message
Is there any way to make a file in Word and than save it as a text
file?
You
can save it as all these other files, but you can not save it as a
*.txt
file. In Microsoft Works Word processor, you can save it as a text
file,
but
why can't I in Word? Is there some upgrade I can get that will let me
Save
As a text file?
--
Sincerely,
Scribe

Shauna Kelly

Hi

I'm sorry, I don't think I can help any further here.

I do File Save As. Next to the "Files of Type" box, I click the little
down arrow and there are 13 different file formats in which I can save. The
8th one is Plain Text (*.txt).

Shauna