vvenk

Default How do I change the default open mode?

Hello:

When I open a document that has revisions, it opens up the document in the
"Final Showing Markup" mode.

How can I change it, so that it opens a document in "Final Mode?"

Thanks.

vvenk

Suzanne:

Thanks for your words of caution. But I still would like to change the
default behavior.

Are you referring to the check box "Mark hidden markup visible when opening
or saving" check box. I have it unchecked. Even after saving and opening the
document, it defaults to "Final Showing Markup" mode.

Please advise.

"vvenk" wrote in message
Hello:

When I open a document that has revisions, it opens up the document in the
"Final Showing Markup" mode.

How can I change it, so that it opens a document in "Final Mode?"

Thanks.

Ordinarily a document will open in the view in which it is saved, but in
recent versions of Word, documents tend to inherit the settings of the
window in which they were opened. I'm afraid that, aside from that
speculation, I don't have any suggestions on this one.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a Security setting, and I would not advise changing it (if you

do,
you risk sending a document that contains tracked changes), but if you

want
to, the option is on the Security tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.