MS Word Settings

Old August 19th 08, 10:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected]

Default MS Word Settings

Hi, I have a document with U.S. English text but the spell checker
seems to think that it should be checked for Swedish spelling.

The document also uses a template, so I wonder in which order the
language selection works and prioritises for the spell & grammar check
(F7 key).

The application (Tools-Language)
The template
The .doc file

Do all of these have separate settings and in which order are they
overrridden?

Best Regards,
Adam

Old August 19th 08, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

You can change the language defaults, or you can change the language of a
particular style, or you can change the language of the selected text. The
settings of the selection overrides the style, which in turn overrides the
defaults. See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm for
details.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

MS word Settings Jose Q Page Layout 0 January 7th 08 07:09 PM
Settings in Word Pulaski Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 07 03:29 AM
default settings in word??? froggy_dimebag Microsoft Word Help 1 January 22nd 07 05:29 AM
Giving priority to printerdriver-settings instead of doc settings Daan Page Layout 0 October 26th 06 12:19 PM
How can you set Word to Defalt Settings megaruler Microsoft Word Help 1 February 27th 06 04:54 AM