Uncle Vinnie

Default help with clipart

Hi..Using Word 2000, I have a document with a graphic inserted into it- (A
logo next to the letterhead).

I have been unable to figure out what it is - jepg, bitmap, etc, nor how to
simply separate it from the Word doc and save it as a stand alone art file.
How can I do this, thanks!!!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Are you "allowed" to use that logo elsewhere? Generally speaking, if a
company has a logo they prefer to limit its usage.

That having been said.......If you can, copy it to your clipboard, open some
sort of a graphics program (I like Photoshop Elements myself) and paste it
in. I can save that file in whatever format I want.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Uncle Vinnie" wrote in message
Hi..Using Word 2000, I have a document with a graphic inserted into it- (A
logo next to the letterhead).

I have been unable to figure out what it is - jepg, bitmap, etc, nor how
to simply separate it from the Word doc and save it as a stand alone art
file. How can I do this, thanks!!!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

Paul Ballou

http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

"Uncle Vinnie" wrote in message
Hi..Using Word 2000, I have a document with a graphic inserted into it- (A
logo next to the letterhead).

I have been unable to figure out what it is - jepg, bitmap, etc, nor how
to simply separate it from the Word doc and save it as a stand alone art
file. How can I do this, thanks!!!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Are you "allowed" to use that logo elsewhere? Generally speaking, if
a company has a logo they prefer to limit its usage.

That having been said.......If you can, copy it to your clipboard,
open some sort of a graphics program (I like Photoshop Elements
myself) and paste it in. I can save that file in whatever format I
want.

Good answer! Especially the warning.

small(And of course you can easily guess what Image
Muti^H^H^Hanipulation Program I would prefer.)/small

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

MVPs seem to know a bit about logos. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Are you "allowed" to use that logo elsewhere? Generally speaking, if
a company has a logo they prefer to limit its usage.

That having been said.......If you can, copy it to your clipboard,
open some sort of a graphics program (I like Photoshop Elements
myself) and paste it in. I can save that file in whatever format I
want.

Good answer! Especially the warning.

small(And of course you can easily guess what Image
Muti^H^H^Hanipulation Program I would prefer.)/small

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

GASP!! How? Where? I'm dying to get a glimpse of it. April said she expects
to see a beaded version at Summit. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And I have seen the new one. Nyah, nyah, nyah!

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

GASP!! How? Where? I'm dying to get a glimpse of it. April said she
expects to see a beaded version at Summit. :-)

Ooooooh.... MVPs....
J00 ar3 4ll 50OoO 31337 H4X0R5!!!!!
*pun intended*

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?
Jay Freedman

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

GASP!! How? Where? I'm dying to get a glimpse of it. April said she
expects to see a beaded version at Summit. :-)

Ooooooh.... MVPs....
J00 ar3 4ll 50OoO 31337 H4X0R5!!!!!
*pun intended*

PRALINE: I understand that this is Bolton.
SHOPKEEPER: Yes.
PRALINE: Well, you told me it was Ipswich.
SHOPKEEPER: It was a pun.
PRALINE: A pun?
SHOPKEEPER: No, no, not a pun, no. What's the other thing which reads
the same backwards as forwards?
PRALINE: A palindrome?
SHOPKEEPER: Yes, yes.
PRALINE: It's not a palindrome. The palindrome of Bolton would be
Notlob. It don't work.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Uncle Vinnie

Thanks!

First off, yes I am allowed to use the graphic - it is of a cross we use on
our church letterhead and I am the Deacon....No need to go to confession!
Now, with that being said ;-)....

I did that.. I copied and pasted the graphic simply into paint and saved it
as a bitmap.. but it;s somewhat grainy...

It'll do for the small cards I am making up...but not much better... thanks!

[...]

Charles Kenyon

Another option for separating a graphic from a Word document is to save the
document as html. This will give you a folder containing any graphics.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

[...]

Uncle Vinnie

Thanks! One of parishioners just told me that, so I saved it as a jpeg.

I don't know why, but I seem to remember years ago, being able to split the
document up.. maybe in the days of Word 6.0/ Win3.1?!!!

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Like I don't have enough trouble translating l33t, now I have to figure out
your joke.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
[...]

In Atlanta, at the Engagement Tour event. We hardly needed to twist Sean's
arm at all; he was really dying to show it off. Prepare to be underwhelmed,
as it's very simple, but at least there's really nothing to object to.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
GASP!! How? Where? I'm dying to get a glimpse of it. April said she

expects
to see a beaded version at Summit. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And I have seen the new one. Nyah, nyah, nyah!

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

[...]

Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Like I don't have enough trouble translating l33t, now I have to
figure out your joke.

There is a L33+-5P34K +R4n5L4+0r out there, somewhere on Google. Even I
had to use it to generate this l33t. ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Uncle Vinnie

Thanks again for your help in getting that image out of Word!

As for the other 'stuff' here, I don't have a clue what you're talking
about.. Ahhhhhhhhh- gnorance is bliss!!!

"Paul Ballou" wrote in message
http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/templates
http://office.microsoft.com/home
http://www.ballousgiftshop.com/p1152b/

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

"Uncle Vinnie" wrote in message
Hi..Using Word 2000, I have a document with a graphic inserted into it-
(A logo next to the letterhead).

I have been unable to figure out what it is - jepg, bitmap, etc, nor how
to simply separate it from the Word doc and save it as a stand alone art
file. How can I do this, thanks!!!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

Amedee Van Gasse

Uncle Vinnie shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Thanks again for your help in getting that image out of Word!

As for the other 'stuff' here, I don't have a clue what you're
talking about.. Ahhhhhhhhh- gnorance is bliss!!!

Blessed be...

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Jay Freedman

Just a snippet of Monty Python's "Dead Parrot" sketch
(http://www.thalia.science.ru.nl/funp...on/python.html) that
came to mind when Amedee said "pun intended" with no pun anywhere in
sight... maybe it was a palindrome? ;-)

Jay

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
I got the l33t part, it was Jay's joke that lost me.

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Like I don't have enough trouble translating l33t, now I have to
figure out your joke.

There is a L33+-5P34K +R4n5L4+0r out there, somewhere on Google.
Even I had to use it to generate this l33t. ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Paul Ballou

But I did see this....:}

--
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/
[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Amedee Van Gasse

Jay Freedman shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Just a snippet of Monty Python's "Dead Parrot" sketch
(http://www.thalia.science.ru.nl/funp...on/python.html
) that came to mind when Amedee said "pun intended" with no pun
anywhere in sight... maybe it was a palindrome? ;-)

I got the Monty reference ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Meanwhile, in the vast empire of the Google Archives, you can hear a
distant "Oooook" from the librarian.
Everything you write, can and will be used against you.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

ClipArt Jet Microsoft Word Help 1 May 18th 05 11:40 PM
clipart won't display Holcomb.frank Microsoft Word Help 1 March 4th 05 08:40 PM
removing imported clipart laurie_g Microsoft Word Help 0 February 7th 05 05:45 PM
Clipart saved no longer shows as image but as dkitty Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 04 01:45 AM
How do I access the clipart on my Publisher 2000 CD through Word . Blaze Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 07:33 PM