Markie

Default Word SPell check wont work with some fonts

all options are set to suggest as you type but it does nothing. Also will
not
find any errors with "check spelling" or F7...I don't know what to do but am
desperate! Went through the vast maze of support knowledge bases but
nothing...any help would be most appreciated!

I have realized that it won't correct some fonts. That seems to be the
problem, even in publisher...grrrr! Is there any way around this?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWFya2ll?=,

I have realized that it won't correct some fonts. That seems to be the
problem, even in publisher...grrrr! Is there any way around this?

Every font has a "tag" that tells programs whether the font is meant to be
used as text, or as symbols. Spell check ignores everything tagged as a
symbol. So you'd have to contact the person who made the font and ask them
to toggle that bit.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Word 2003 is using the wrong dictionary for spell check Tjoshua Microsoft Word Help 2 March 25th 05 04:19 PM
WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
How do I convert a cd in word perfect to microsoft word greylady Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 08:03 PM