Garry

Default Hyperlink style and cross-ref odd behaviour

Hi All:

I've had some odd and inconsistent behaviour with cross-refs and styles
in a Word 2002 doc. I've come up with a workaround, but would like to
know the cause.

I create a cross ref as a hyperlink {/h /mergeformat}. I attempt to
apply the built-in Hyperlink style. Result: Nothing. Style does not
have effect. However, style box says Hyperlink style applied and
toggling the field to show the code shows blue underline.

I try to apply a simple underline (ctrl+U) to same field. (1) Result:
appears, but disappears if the doc is closed and re-opened. (2)
Alternate result: Underline does not appear unless a ctrl+space applied
beforehand to field. Again, underline appears correctly if field
toggled to show field code.

Workaround: Create new char style underlined and apply to field code.
So far, looks stable.

My Q: why did my previous two efforts result in unsticky styles?

Ta,
Garry

Jezebel

Not sure that this is the issue -- there is indeed something odd with
hyperlinks -- but bear in mind there are two styles involved: 'hyperlink'
and 'followed hyperlink' if you've actually been to the site.

oups.com...