Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane

Default Color fill doesn't let you select a color. Colors greyed out.

Trying to use the color fill button. When selected all the colors are greyed
out, therefore, I cannot select a color to fill. What to do?
--
Diane
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

You must select an AutoShape before you can select a fill color.

Diane wrote:

Trying to use the color fill button. When selected all the colors are greyed
out, therefore, I cannot select a color to fill. What to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane

I'm in word and I did hightlight the item that I want to color fill first,
but did not work.
--
Diane

Diane wrote:

Trying to use the color fill button. When selected all the colors are greyed
out, therefore, I cannot select a color to fill. What to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

What is "the item" that you want to apply a fill color to?

Diane wrote:

I'm in word and I did hightlight the item that I want to color fill first,
but did not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Fill Color applies only to AutoShapes. If you're trying to add color shading
to text or a table, you need to use Format | Borders and Shading. Although
the Shading Color button on the Tables and Borders toolbar uses the same
paint can icon as the Fill Color button, they are different things.