Is there a way to default the opening of a document hiding markup.

Old March 6th 06, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Is there a way to default the opening of a document hiding markup.

We constantly are using track changes in our documents but we prefer to open
the documents in the "final" view. Is there a way to default to this veiw
upon opening the document?
Old March 7th 06, 07:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Linda" wrote:

We constantly are using track changes in our documents but we prefer to open
the documents in the "final" view. Is there a way to default to this veiw
upon opening the document?

Sorry I dont have an answer but I would like to join your cause in getting
an answer...anybody please?
Old March 7th 06, 08:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I found this on another site, I am not sure if this will help you sort
your problem but it may point you in the right direction

We have users who work in and save tracked changes document in Word
2003
with the view being Final Showing Markup. When they close and reopen
the
document, the view changes to Final (you can actually see this happen
-
for a split second, the Reviewing Toolbar will read "Final Showing
Markup" and
then it changes to Final and all markups disappear) and they cannot
see
changes.
Worse yet, when they switch the view to Final Showing Markup, they
have
still have to go into the Show options and manually select to show
Insertions
and Deletions, Formating, etc. each and every time and those are
automatically
deselected. These users were on 2002 and we upgraded them all to 2003
because they had the problem of people sometimes saving the documents
in
2002 in Final view and others saw Final view when the documents were
opened.
We thought getting everyone on 2003 would have the default view of
Final
Showing Markup for all. This is too weird. I know that if you save
in Final view
and have the Tools: OPtions: Security setting of Make hidden markup
visible when opening or saving deselected, the document will open
Final view in
2003; but that does not seem to be the case here. Besides, why would
Final
Showing Markup not show the markups without manually selecting to
show them each
time?[/vbcol

It is on this site http://www.mcse.ms in the forums.

Old April 19th 06, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Is there a way to default the opening of a document hiding mar

I have tried taking tyhis tick out and he changes still show up when i save
and reopen. Help please