Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason Yee

Default Stop viewing Final Showing Markup by default upon opening MS Word documents

Hooray! I figured it out: just dump these seven lines into a module in
your Normal template. Since the name of this sub is "AutoOpen," it
will execute whenever you open a document. See more at
http://jyeee.blogspot.com/2006/04/fr...e-reading.html

Sub AutoOpen()
With ActiveWindow.View
.ShowRevisionsAndComments = False
.RevisionsView = wdRevisionsViewFinal
End With
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False '''OPTIONAL: turns off
Reviewing toolbar
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jyeee

Final Showing Markup *is* shown by default if changes are tracked on a
document. For example, edit a document of your own and track the
changes, then send it to a friend. Even though your friend doesn't
want to see the markup, they *WILL* because it's there. This little
VBA makes it so that they don't see it, and instead see the Final
(without markup) view.