Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Cahane

Default post code moves when inserting address into envelope or label

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an address by
clicking the insert address button and then selecting one from my outlook
2003 address book, the post code moves from the last line of the address and
attaches itself to the end of the penultimate line. It only does this in the
above circumstance. When I insert an address into a word document it leaves
the post code in the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292127
You might find it worthwhile using an envelope template instead of the
envelope/label tool - there are samples you can download from my web site.

Daniel Cahane wrote:
When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an
address by clicking the insert address button and then selecting one
from my outlook 2003 address book, the post code moves from the last
line of the address and attaches itself to the end of the penultimate
line. It only does this in the above circumstance. When I insert an
address into a word document it leaves the post code in the correct
position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Cahane

I now realise what the program is doing; it is taking the ZIP/Postal code and
adding it to the 'City' line when transferring the address to the envelope
address dialogue box. In the UK the address format should be
Add1/Add2/City/State/ZIP. How do I change the format to achieve this layout?
Also, I would like to include the Job title field automatically when
inserting the address.
Please help - thanks.

"Daniel Cahane" wrote:

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an address by
clicking the insert address button and then selecting one from my outlook
2003 address book, the post code moves from the last line of the address and
attaches itself to the end of the penultimate line. It only does this in the
above circumstance. When I insert an address into a word document it leaves
the post code in the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Given the provisos in the KB link I posted earlier, save the following as an
autotext entry called AddressLayout

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_TITLE

}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

See also http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm which lists the fields that
can be used in this manner.

Make sure your Windows Regional settings are set to UK

"Daniel Cahane" wrote:

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an
address by clicking the insert address button and then selecting one
from my outlook 2003 address book, the post code moves from the last
line of the address and attaches itself to the end of the
penultimate line. It only does this in the above circumstance. When
I insert an address into a word document it leaves the post code in
the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See changing the address layout at
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Daniel Cahane" wrote:

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an address by
clicking the insert address button and then selecting one from my outlook
2003 address book, the post code moves from the last line of the address
and
attaches itself to the end of the penultimate line. It only does this in
the
above circumstance. When I insert an address into a word document it
leaves
the post code in the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Damned newsreaders - that blank line shouldn't be there

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_TITLE
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

"Daniel Cahane" wrote:

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an
address by clicking the insert address button and then selecting one
from my outlook 2003 address book, the post code moves from the last
line of the address and attaches itself to the end of the
penultimate line. It only does this in the above circumstance. When
I insert an address into a word document it leaves the post code in
the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work
properly? I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Cahane

Thanks - helped a lot - this works when I use 'insert address' button while
creating a document in Word 2003 but when I just want to address an envelope
or label and click envelope/label button and then use the 'insert address'
button from within that dialogue box - it still has the wrong layout. Is
there a different 'AddressLayout' that needs to be amended? Also if I add
{PR_TITLE} and the chosen contact has no title - how do I surpress the
blank line? Thanks again to all responders.

"Daniel Cahane" wrote:

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an address by
clicking the insert address button and then selecting one from my outlook
2003 address book, the post code moves from the last line of the address
and
attaches itself to the end of the penultimate line. It only does this in
the
above circumstance. When I insert an address into a word document it
leaves
the post code in the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

This was addressed in my earlier post(s). The brackets around PR_TITLE are
incorrectly placed in your example.
There is no second AddressLayout - there is sometimes a problem with
inserting addresses.

"Daniel Cahane" wrote:

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an
address by clicking the insert address button and then selecting
one from my outlook 2003 address book, the post code moves from
the last line of the address and
attaches itself to the end of the penultimate line. It only does
this in the
above circumstance. When I insert an address into a word document
it leaves
the post code in the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work
properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Cahane

Sorry for not reading the earlier post properly. All now working in Document
properly - thanks. I hope MS resolve the other problem at some time (insert
address not working properly in the env/label dialogue box).
May I also congratulate you all for running an incredibly good service. I
cannot believe how quickly responses arrive - do you all stay up 24/7?
Thanks again - Daniel

"Daniel Cahane" wrote:

When I use create envelope or label in word 2003 and insert an
address by clicking the insert address button and then selecting
one from my outlook 2003 address book, the post code moves from
the last line of the address and
attaches itself to the end of the penultimate line. It only does
this in the
above circumstance. When I insert an address into a word document
it leaves
the post code in the correct position.
What do I need to alter to get labels and envelopes to work
properly?
I hope someone can help me - thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Daniel Cahane wrote:
I cannot believe how quickly responses arrive - do you all
stay up 24/7? Thanks again - Daniel

Correspondents are based all over the world in different time zones.

Using Word how to position the address on the label [email protected] Mailmerge 2 March 4th 06 08:12 AM
How do I single space the delivery address for an envelope? envelope man Microsoft Word Help 3 August 18th 05 06:01 AM
adding the post code Louise Mailmerge 3 May 4th 05 06:27 PM
UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 22nd 05 11:16 PM
default font size for the return address on an envelope? annpayt Microsoft Word Help 7 January 13th 05 02:47 PM