Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WestShoreDeb WestShoreDeb is offline

Default new document office 2007

If I am currently working on a document, is there a way to start a new
document with a single click like I could in 2003? Now I have to click the
icon in the upper left of the window, click New... , and then click Blank
document. There has to be a better way.....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WestShoreDeb WestShoreDeb is offline

thanks Rae. I know about the ctrl+N, and I have already added the NEW icon to
my quick access bar. However, when I click on the NEW button, it still gives
me he additional screen where I must choose a blank document. I was hoping
there was a way to place a single button on the toolbar similar to the one in
Word 2003.

"WestShoreDeb" wrote:

If I am currently working on a document, is there a way to start a new
document with a single click like I could in 2003? Now I have to click the
icon in the upper left of the window, click New... , and then click Blank
document. There has to be a better way.....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Deb,

From Word 2007 Options (Alt, T, O, C) choose the
'Commands not in the Ribbon' category and
select the 'New Blank Document'
choice to add to the Quick Access Toolbar to bypass the New document dialog.

============
"WestShoreDeb" wrote in message
thanks Rae. I know about the ctrl+N, and I have already added the NEW icon to
my quick access bar. However, when I click on the NEW button, it still gives
me he additional screen where I must choose a blank document. I was hoping
there was a way to place a single button on the toolbar similar to the one in
Word 2003.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WestShoreDeb WestShoreDeb is offline

THANKS....
Currently I am the only individual on campus using Office 2007. I will
eventually be training the rest of the faculty and staff and I'm trying to
anticipate their questions by finding the answers to some of the most common
tasks they perform.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Deb,

From Word 2007 Options (Alt, T, O, C) choose the