Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Big K The Big K is offline

Default Unable to download templates using Word 2007 (MS Office 2007 Stand

Hi all,

I've Office 2007 Standard edition running on Windows Vista Business 32 bit.
I'm unable to download new templates from within the Word 2007. Every time I
browse through the template categories, I get an error message -

"Unable to connect to Microsoft Office Online"
-Try Again
-Troubleshoot your internet connection

Since Word can connect to internet while browsing the help files, I'm unable
to track down the exact pain point!

I've added Word 2007 to firewall allowed programs, but no use. Please help
me fix this problem.

Regards,
-Kaustubh-
www.CrazyEngineers.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jornie Jornie is offline

Depending where I try to download a template from I get a different error.

If I try from download from featured theme I get that error.

If try from another part of the program such as "Page Layout tab Themes
Themes dropdown (small arrow) More themes from MS Office online", my
download manager starts and tries to download a file called winword.exe.
When I start it, a DOS box appears with small dot jumping about the window.
Other than that it does nothing.
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.

"The Big K" wrote:

Hi all,

I've Office 2007 Standard edition running on Windows Vista Business 32 bit.
I'm unable to download new templates from within the Word 2007. Every time I
browse through the template categories, I get an error message -

"Unable to connect to Microsoft Office Online"
-Try Again
-Troubleshoot your internet connection

Since Word can connect to internet while browsing the help files, I'm unable
to track down the exact pain point!

I've added Word 2007 to firewall allowed programs, but no use. Please help
me fix this problem.

Regards,
-Kaustubh-
www.CrazyEngineers.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Big K The Big K is offline

Default Unable to download templates using Word 2007 (MS Office 2007 S

From the page layout tab, "more themes" option takes me to the templated
download page on Microsoft. Downloaded templates work fine.

The problem is only when I go to 'New-Microsoft office online" and browse
through different categories there. I keep on getting the error message.

Can anyone help?