Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ashlee Ashlee is offline

Default Making Interactive Forms

I am creating a form where users can actually fill-in and complete the fields
themselves. I added all the text forms to where they need to be, however,
every time I go to fill them in, all the text after shifts with my typing.
How can i get all headings to stay exactly where they are and still fill-in
the text forms?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

If you used Formfields (Forms toolbar) then you need to protect the
document. Click the padlock icon on the forms toolbar. Then you can tab from
field to field skipping right over the heading text.

However, if you are doing that, and the fields are pushing your existing
text around, then your form might benefit from being put inside a table. At
that point you can limit the size of your fields by the size of the table
cell.

See http://word.mvps.org/Tutorials/FreeToAccess.htm for the links to Dian
Chapman's series of "Please fill out this form". (You can skip part 5 unless
you want to connect your form to a database.)

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.