Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LTJ LTJ is offline

Default Change Normal.dotm

I've opened a new document (not normal.dotm) changed the default setting from
Calibri to Times New roman and clicked on Standard button and said yes to be
used on all new documents based on the normal.dotm.
But when I open a new document it's still Calibri.
Then I opened the Normal.dotm in C:documentsand
settings/userinitials/applicationdata/microsoft/templates. It opened and said
Normal.dotm in the heading. Changed to Times new roman. ¨
But still a new document has Calibri.
What am I doing wrong. It points the correct place for the Normal.dotm, I
don't have another Normal.dot anywhere else as far as I can see.
Lene
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TFRK?=,

I've opened a new document (not normal.dotm) changed the default setting from
Calibri to Times New roman and clicked on Standard button and said yes to be
used on all new documents based on the normal.dotm.
But when I open a new document it's still Calibri.
Then I opened the Normal.dotm in C:documentsand
settings/userinitials/applicationdata/microsoft/templates. It opened and said
Normal.dotm in the heading. Changed to Times new roman. ¨
But still a new document has Calibri.
What am I doing wrong. It points the correct place for the Normal.dotm, I
don't have another Normal.dot anywhere else as far as I can see.

By "Standard" I'm guessing you mean "Default" in the English version...

And *exactly* what commands are you using to create a new document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)