Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

Default Protect only part of a document and show tracking

I've been able to protect a whole document so that our clients can't turn off
the tracking which we want to display at all times, but there is a portion of
the document that I'd like anyone to be able to edit without showing the
tracking.

I have seen the section about highlighting portions and assigning all or a
group to be able to edit, but I can't figure out how to allow editing in part
of the doc and protect tracking changes in the rest of it.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Um9iaW4=?=,

I've been able to protect a whole document so that our clients can't turn off
the tracking which we want to display at all times, but there is a portion of
the document that I'd like anyone to be able to edit without showing the
tracking.

I have seen the section about highlighting portions and assigning all or a
group to be able to edit, but I can't figure out how to allow editing in part
of the doc and protect tracking changes in the rest of it.

This isn't possible. Track changes is for the entire document. Conceivably, you
could embed a macro in the document that reacts to the WindowSelectionChange
event and turn change tracking on/off depending on where the user moves. But it
wouldn't be foolproof.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org