Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C Huff[_2_] C Huff[_2_] is offline

Default Format Merge Field

I have a mergefield that can either be a whole number (i.e. 7), a number with
a decimal (i.e. 2.14), or a text field (i.e. 13,14,15 & 17).

I want to format them so that each type comes out as it appears above (7,
2.14, and 13,14,15, & 17).

Is there a way to format a merge field to accomodate this?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi C Huff,

You can't do this by formatting the mergefield. You may be able to do by ensuring the first 8 rows of data for the field concerned
have text strings (eg 13,14,15 & 17). If that doesn't work and your decimal values are all of the same precision (eg 2 decimal
places) and they don't end in '.00' or '.0', a formula field could probably be constructed to do the work.

--
Cheers
macropod