ashbronj

Default Hyperlink in Word Attachment

This is what I do:

We have a batch file and a document opened by something called ICS viewer
(shortcuts to this file do not work, and sometimes turn to .ink). They are
located in a network folder. We use the batch to open the file (because of
the shortcut problem). Of course our Exhange Server blocks batch files from
being sent.

We use a hyperlink to get to the batch. The hyperlink is in a Word document
(we use a hyperlink because of the shortcut issue, i.e. .ink).

It works the first time you open it, but then the hyperlink changes it
destination to a local temporary user folder. So, if you are using the Word
routing feature to send on to others, the hyperlink then points to a folder
on someone elses machine instead of the network folder. The address reads
"filename.bat"

Of course, by now you are asking why not route the file instead of
hyperlinking? These files have due dates and if a person is away from work,
the file is left in their inbox. Keeping it on a server allows access at all
times. Interesting is that this problem occured after the O2K to O2k3
upgrade.