Coder Droid

Default aligning footnotes to bottom of margin

I've searched the help, mvp's faqs, and such ... but haven't yet found a
solution to this particular problem. My footnotes do not align with the
bottom of the margin. There's a large gap created between the bottom of
the footnote text, and the lower margin of the page.

At first I thought maybe I accidentally set an "After" amount on the
paragraph, but I've verified it's set to 0 pt.

As a sanity check, I started a new document and they do align just fine.
So I've probably created some style/margin/page setup conflict in this
other document.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same and had any luck with
it.

Here's hoping...

--cd

Coder Droid

I assume you do have the footnote position set to "Bottom of page" and
not "Below text"?

You're assuming I know what I'm doing.

"footnote position" was one of the first things I searched help for and
came up with nothing. Showed me everything else I ever wanted to know
about footnotes, but not where the foot goes. So I have no idea where
this setting is.

That said, it seems like it's "bottom of page" because it's very
consitently at the bottom of the page, regardless of what else is around
it. It's just maybe a 1/2" up from where it looks like it could/should
go.

Where is this setting?

--cd

Daiya Mitchell

If the footnote setting isn't it....

That said, it seems like it's "bottom of page" because it's very
consitently at the bottom of the page, regardless of what else is around
it. It's just maybe a 1/2" up from where it looks like it could/should
go.

Conceivably an expanded footer is pushing the notes up? Check the "from
edge" setting in File | Page Setup, Layout. Also, view Header/Footer,
click ¶ on the standard toolbar to turn on nonprinting characters, and see
if there are any excess paragraph marks (¶s) in the footer.

DM

TheDood TheDood via OfficeKB.com

I have exactly the same issue. I have taken my document apart, and can't
work out why there is such a huge gap between the footnote and the footer.

It must be the styles, but I can't see why.

I've looked at the page layout, the Footnote Text styles, the footnote
separators in the Normal view and nothing obvious has come up.

Could this be a "feature"??

TheDood TheDood via OfficeKB.com

Definately. I've checked all the obvious things and can't seem to get it to
work correctly.