Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT[_2_] Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT[_2_] is offline

Default Undisciplined (Tiny) Toolbar Options (2003)

Hello...

When I open Word 2003 on my work machine...(my company has an archiving
database/free-standing server system known as 'DocStar')...& a small DocStar
Toolbar appears under my regular Toolbars...on a horizontal space all it's
own. I thought...OK, I'll just move it to the end of an existing Toolbar,
where it has enough space to squeeze in on the right (& thereby eliminating
the need for an almost empty horizontal space at the top of the
page...giving me more real estate for the documents themselves).

So I did.

But...it doesn't stay there after the program closes.

Next time I open Word...there it is again...all by itself.

How can I solve this one?

Thanks,

mark4man

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT wrote:
Hello...

When I open Word 2003 on my work machine...(my company has an
archiving database/free-standing server system known as
'DocStar')...& a small DocStar Toolbar appears under my regular
Toolbars...on a horizontal space all it's own. I thought...OK, I'll
just move it to the end of an existing Toolbar, where it has enough
space to squeeze in on the right (& thereby eliminating the need for
an almost empty horizontal space at the top of the page...giving me
more real estate for the documents themselves).
So I did.

But...it doesn't stay there after the program closes.

Next time I open Word...there it is again...all by itself.

How can I solve this one?

Thanks,

mark4man

Talk to the people who sell DocStar. They probably have something in their
startup code that puts the toolbar where _they_ think it should be, rather
than storing your preference and restoring it during startup.

It may be possible to write a macro that moves the toolbar where you want
it, but first see if you can get DocStar to do the right thing.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman