troubled

Default my document is locked and can you tell me how to unlock it

I cannot do any modifications to my document because a message comes up and
says the document is locked. I need to know how to unlock it

Is this Word 2000, 2002, 2003? If so, have you activated it (Help | Activate
Program)?

Is this a trial version of Office 2003? If so, has it expired?

If the program is neither expired or unactivated, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm

"troubled" wrote in message
I cannot do any modifications to my document because a message comes up

and
says the document is locked. I need to know how to unlock it

noooneh

hi "troubled :

i know what you're talking about .... all you have to do is open the
document the go to the "tools" menu and choose (options.)

now from the tab (security) .... choose the button (unprotect the document)
then you'll be prompted to enter the password in order to unlock the document

have anything else? ....
get you anytime at

yours
noooneh