Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
oxnoble47 oxnoble47 is offline

Default sorting alphabetically

How do I sort my lists alphabetically when I save my lists.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Select the list (one item per paragraph) then table sort

oxnoble47 wrote:
How do I sort my lists alphabetically when I save my lists.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

oxnoble47 wrote:
How do I sort my lists alphabetically when I save my lists.

First select all the items in the list.

In Word 2003 and earlier, click Table Sort and accept the setting to sort
by Paragraphs.

In Word 2007, look in the Paragraph group of the Home ribbon; the Sort
button is the one with the letters A and Z and an arrow. Click that button
to open the same dialog, and accept the setting to sort by Paragraphs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can sort paragraphs (or tables) in Word via the Sort command. In Word
2007, you'll find the command on the Home tab (in the Paragraph group); in
Word 97-2003, it's on the Table menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP