Beeliebouy

Default What is an incorrect function?

I tried to save a Word on a CD. It told me it is anincorrect functin.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Word is trying to force you to do the correct thing. It's trying to tell you
that you should never save or open directly to removable media using Word.
Instead, save/close the file in Word. Then use Windows Explorer to copy it
to the CD.

The reason is very ugly. Word loves to create temporary working files in the
same location as the file itself. These files can be huges, and you
certainly don't want them once Word has been closed. Word, if you were
working directly on a removable diskette on which the temp files didn't fit,
the file could (and often does) become hopelessly corrupted.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com