Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DaveBad

Default how do I add a send to destination in word?

I'm trying to add my floppy drive "A" as a send to destination in Word 2002
in Win XP Pro.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You cannot add to Word's File | Send To menu, but you can add a folder or
drive to the Send To menu in Word's File Open/Save dialog by adding it to
the Windows Send To folder.

"DaveBad" wrote in message
I'm trying to add my floppy drive "A" as a send to destination in Word

2002
in Win XP Pro.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Never ever read from, write to or print from floppy with Word. This is the
most certain method of ensuring document corruption. Copy to/from the hard
disc and work on the document from there. This is equally relevant to
other removable media such as CDRW.

DaveBad wrote:
I'm trying to add my floppy drive "A" as a send to destination in
Word 2002 in Win XP Pro.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I appreciate that, but my comment was a timely response to someone who is
thinking of using floppy discs as a carrier for Word documents. If the
document is on a floppy, the temptation to open it from there can be
irresistible for some folks.