Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
supersteele supersteele is offline

Default Mail merge: Can I limit how many emails are sent in a given time f

I am using Word 2003's mail merge to send personalized emails to a couple
hundred customers. However, my ISP limits the number of emails I can send to
about 20 per 5 minutes before they start getting stopped. I have to do this
quite often, so manually reducing my email list to under twenty and sending
them out every five minutes is not really an option.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I suppose the obvious solution is "contact your ISP and sort it out".
Personally, if my ISP had an irontight policy that prevented me from doing
what my business needed, I'd switch. It's the usual cost/benefit thing.

I suspect the only other simple solution would be to do "one merge per
e-mail" and put a delay in the loop so that for example, Word only sent one
e-mail every 15-20 seconds.Word would be working for around an hour, and I
have no idea whether or not you would be able to do other stuff safely at
the same time, or whether or not you would need to.

Peter Jamieson