Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Default Lines and Spacing

I am in the process of writing an academic article using Word 2003.

To facilitate my writing, I inserted a solid horizontal line between
paragaphs. This line, rather than being deleted, moved to the next paragraph
of my article. This was not a problem until these lines entrenched
themselves to either side of of a single space paragraph.

The paragragh MUST be single spaced and indented while the text around it
MUST be double. Each time I attempt to delete the line, the text loses all
of its formatting. When I alter the text (indent and single space) the
lines, both before and after, reappear.

These lines, for what it is worth, move up and down between the paragraphs
and alter the spacing between them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:38:01 -0700, Michael
wrote:

I am in the process of writing an academic article using Word 2003.

To facilitate my writing, I inserted a solid horizontal line between
paragaphs. This line, rather than being deleted, moved to the next paragraph
of my article. This was not a problem until these lines entrenched
themselves to either side of of a single space paragraph.

The paragragh MUST be single spaced and indented while the text around it
MUST be double. Each time I attempt to delete the line, the text loses all
of its formatting. When I alter the text (indent and single space) the
lines, both before and after, reappear.

These lines, for what it is worth, move up and down between the paragraphs
and alter the spacing between them.

They're paragraph borders.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.

--