Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
josh josh is offline

Default Excel and Word Templates

How do I link between an Excel and Word template without having the links
stay with the actual template? In other words, I have made templates in both
programs and have information that I want to be linked between both. I know
how to link between the two but the problem is when I use these as templates
and then save them to a different location. I want the links to change to
that new location. I guess I want to know if you can package templates so
that the links will travel with eachother to the new destination. Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Josh,

Word's link paths always point back to the original files, even when you copy the source and target files to new folders. To see how
to update the paths, check out:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=261488
and:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=670027