Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LaurenM LaurenM is offline

Default Problem with normal.dot

Hi all,

I have a user who has Office 2003 on a Windows XP machine. Sometimes when
she closes out of Word or tries to save the Word document she is in, she'll
get a message something like "Changes to the Global template have been made.
Do you want to save them." If she says "No" she can't open any documents
unless it is in a Read Only version. I have to recreate the Normal.dor
template for her and restart every time. This works but it is temporary until
she gets this message again. We have uninstalled and reinstalled Office for
her but she gets the same issue. Does anyone know why this is happening and
have any ideas as to how I can permanently fix this? I would appreciate any
help on this because this is driving me nuts!!

Thank you in advance.
LaurenM