Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eli Greenberg Eli Greenberg is offline

Default Odd text quirks when scrolling

Hello,

I have recently encountered a very odd text quirk in Word 2003. When I
scroll through my documents and text goes off screen, then return to the
text, the text is suddenly darker than the other text around it. When I type
a character everything returns to normal but it is very annoying.

Please see the following image for clarification:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9...xtquirklj6.jpg

As you can see at E. 1. a. 3. some of the text is darker than the other
text. The darker text has been off screen previously but when I scroll down
that is what appears. Please help me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This sounds like a screen driver issue. Word places surprisingly heavy
demands on the display driver. See if there is an alternative or later
version that you can use and/or reduce the driver's hardware acceleration .

Eli Greenberg wrote:
Hello,

I have recently encountered a very odd text quirk in Word 2003. When I
scroll through my documents and text goes off screen, then return to
the text, the text is suddenly darker than the other text around it.
When I type a character everything returns to normal but it is very
annoying.

Please see the following image for clarification:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9...xtquirklj6.jpg

As you can see at E. 1. a. 3. some of the text is darker than the
other text. The darker text has been off screen previously but when I
scroll down that is what appears. Please help me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eli Greenberg[_2_] Eli Greenberg[_2_] is offline

The driver is the most up-to-date version so I will try reducing the hardware
acceleration on my video card. I just got a new video card so that may be the
problem.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This sounds like a screen driver issue. Word places surprisingly heavy
demands on the display driver. See if there is an alternative or later
version that you can use and/or reduce the driver's hardware acceleration .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eli Greenberg[_2_] Eli Greenberg[_2_] is offline

Graham,
I reduced the acceleration down to only the 2nd level and it seems to be
fixed. But now its messing up my graphics card control panel. Do you think
there are any other possible fixes?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This sounds like a screen driver issue. Word places surprisingly heavy
demands on the display driver. See if there is an alternative or later
version that you can use and/or reduce the driver's hardware acceleration .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eli Greenberg[_2_] Eli Greenberg[_2_] is offline

Graham,
I decided to change the font to see if that fixed it and it did. Seems
Calibri (nice looking font) takes a lot of hardware acceleration. I changed
the font to Times New Roman and it is now fixed. It's a shame I can't use
Calibri but I can deal

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This sounds like a screen driver issue. Word places surprisingly heavy
demands on the display driver. See if there is an alternative or later
version that you can use and/or reduce the driver's hardware acceleration .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I would keep checking the display adapter manufacturer's web site for new
versions of the driver (or you could try an older version if available).

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This sounds like a screen driver issue. Word places surprisingly
heavy demands on the display driver. See if there is an alternative
or later version that you can use and/or reduce the driver's
hardware acceleration .

Help with Scrolling Text Larry New Users 4 February 25th 08 01:31 AM
Text Box Scrolling Joanne Page Layout 0 September 10th 07 06:02 PM
Bookmark Quirks Brandon New Users 1 June 14th 06 09:40 PM
Scrolling text Robert Lawrence Microsoft Word Help 1 June 29th 05 01:56 AM
SCROLLING TEXT PROBLEMO Matlow Microsoft Word Help 1 April 6th 05 03:23 PM