Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Morrison Erik Morrison is offline

Default Printing Only Filled Out Portions of a Form

Hello,

I'm building a multi-page form for physician signoffs. Since the physicians
only want the filled out portion of the form to print, I was wondering if
it's possible to setup a form that only prints the fields that have
information in them, not the whole form.

Another option would be to past certain parts of the form into the document
based on if the physician needs them. I tried creating the parts of the form
as an autotext, but it did not work.

Thanks tons for your help,

Erik
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Morrison[_2_] Erik Morrison[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Thanks for the info, but I guess I wasn't clear. I still want the field
names to print, I just don't want the blank ones to print. For example if my
form is,

Name:
Height:
Weight:

and I enter

Name: John
Height: 73 inches
Weight:

and then print, I want to print

Name: John
Height: 73 inches

with the field names, but not the blank "Weight'.

I hope this is clearer. Is there a way to do this?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | Print: "Print data only for forms."